Wednesday, November 13, 2013

kyuubi-susanoo fusion




One of my favorite Anime Shows/Manga is Naruto. For those who have no idea what Naruto is, it’s basically an epic coming of age story about a boy in the world of Shinobi (ninjas) who’s body is a vessel for a powerful creature known as the nine tailed fox. This boy (Naruto) wants badly to be recognized by his village and also wants to save his best friend who as become a rogue ninja. So the digital painting that I created his based on one of the most recent chapters of this saga where Naruto and his rogue buddy Sasuke are actually teamed up for a common cause and in doing so have morphed their powers to create this hybrid entity seen above.

I completed this painting over a series of 4 or 5 days and in total it took me about 5 hours or so to complete. I did something in this piece that I don’t normally do, I didn’t sketch this out before hand, and I allowed the audience to see my drawing process in the video, nevertheless, I think it looks pretty darn good. I hadn’t done a complete digital painting in some years and I had a blast getting back into the groove. As always, I edited the video in Blender and you can check out the making of Kurama-Susanoo Fusion below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think