Sunday, January 12, 2014

First Painting - 2014


So…I love painting portraits, if you can’t already tell. ^_^ Usually it takes about 5 hours over several days but for this project, I set aside 2 hours to complete this really cool portrait as a gift. This portrait is painted on 5x7 canvas panel and I framed it in a very nice silver frame with white mat board. I decided to use acrylics and ink for this project for a couple of reasons; one was that I needed to have it done in the same day and two because Acrylics have fewer fumes. Because this was framed, I didn’t worry too much about varnishing the final product. The challenge I had with this portrait was the size of the overall painting and painting glasses. I’ve only painted glasses once and both times, they weren’t as difficult as I anticipated.  

I started this project with a really simplified sketch and went right into painting. After I had the main painting done, I went back in with a black brush tip pen to add final details. 



This is my first painting of the year and I'll be doing many, many more so stay tuned, I've got some big surprises coming this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think