Friday, January 24, 2014

“Neter Khonsu – Digital Painting”


New Project #1 - Complete!!
Revised Final ©2014 B. Lewis

A few weeks ago, I showed you guys a sneak peek into a new project I was working on; it was a portrait of my son in Photoshop. At that time, I had only completed the sketch and up until recently, that’s all I had done. Yesterday I had some extra time on my hands and decided to proceed. It took me about 3 hours or so to complete. About an hour and a half was spent on the face and the rest of the time was spent on the details.  It turned out great. I’ll have a video posted of the making of this piece on my YouTube channel.

©2014 B. Lewis

 
I began this painting with a sketch done lightly with my pencil brush in Photoshop and created a mid-tone value layer which I ended up changing later. I started painting with the eyes as I do in my acrylic paintings. For this I used a textured brush I got from XiaTaptara at Idrawgirls.com. I decided to use this same brush in the face but quickly found that the default soft round brush worked much better to achieve the smoothness I was after. All in all, I’m proud of this piece. It’ll probably be something I continue to work on, making a few adjustments here and there but until then, I hope you like it and enjoy the video:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think