Thursday, January 30, 2014

New Project: B90x - 90 day Art Challenge


Designed by B. Lewis
Upon contemplating this year and the things I’d like to accomplish artistically, I came up with a challenge for myself. I call it B90x ^_^ (goofy, I know but this is going to be fun). It’s a 90 day art challenge that requires me to complete one piece of artwork a day for 90 days. It can be anything from an acrylic painting to a digital painting, pastel work, watercolor, graphic design, you name it, the only rule is that whatever I do, it must be a complete piece; sketches don’t count. The goal is to get into the habit of exercising my creative muscles daily. In doing so, I would like to improve my creativity and speed of getting work done. 

 

This is definitely different from the way I normally work; for the last few years, I’ve been a bit relaxed in completing artwork, I might do a painting once every blue moon and I haven’t kept a sketchbook since 2008 although I do sketch before I draw to paint. I had been focusing most of my attention on graphic design. Because of this, I find it hard to begin working when it’s time to paint, not that I don’t want to but when it comes time to put paint on canvas, I don’t know where to begin, I sort of stumble around until I get into a rhythm and sometimes, not always, it’s hard to come up with new ideas. With the task at hand, the goal is to get into the habit of always practicing my craft. So, beginning February 1st, I’ll be doing B90x. Some of my paintings will be recorded and featured on my YouTube channel, some may not but they will all be on my blog, so stay tuned and wish me luck and feel free to join in if you’d like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think