Sunday, February 2, 2014

B90x - 90 Day Art Challenge - No. 1



For the first painting of my 90 art challenge, I chose to paint Jim Kelly in acrylics. I decided to go head first into this painting and approached it much like I would an oil painting; blocking out areas of color and building up the composition and I have to admit, I had a hard time but a fun time nonetheless. It is a 6” x 8” painted on Carton Board which is this card board like surface that is supposed to have resin embedded in it to make it durable. I may post a review of this material sometime in the future. 



Being my first painting of the series, I can quickly see what I need to improve on. There are things that I like about it and things I don’t. For example, I love the brush strokes of this piece, but because I chose not to pre-sketch, the proportions need some fine-tuning. Because of all this, I have decided to make this same picture, my final painting to see how much I’ve improved over the course of the 90 day period. My next painting will be posted tomorrow, so stick around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think