Tuesday, February 4, 2014

B90x - 90 Day Art Challenge - No. 3 - "Jazz Man"




I call this piece “Jazz Man”. It’s the 3rd installment of the B90x series and it is a portrait of the great Sonny Rollins. It is done in Pen and Ink on Carton Board from a photograph. I’m very excited about this piece, it was completely relaxing to do and I had lots of fun. The spontaneity is very much like jazz itself. I didn’t record this drawing in an attempt to really relax and get into the image and it definitely turned out well. I began with a light sketch and began cross-hatching with my pens. The hardest thing about this drawing was getting the board to accept the ink (it’s more for painting and pastels). All in all, I’m very proud of this drawing and can’t wait for the next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think