Wednesday, February 5, 2014

B90x - 90 Day Art Challenge - No. 4 - Bob Dylan


Final Portrait


No. 4 of the B90x Challenge is a portrait of Bob Dylan. I chose to do this portrait in blue as opposed to black and white or in color because the original photo was in black and white and I figured a painting in the same would be boring. I didn’t do it in color because I wasn’t sure what color to make the shirt and I figured a monochromatic portrait in blue would be fun and a little different. I chose blue at random. Though the portrait is blue, my palette consisted of ultramarine blue, cerulean blue, alizarin crimson, cadmium red, white and raw umber deep. Each of these colors played a very important role in this painting. I went ahead and did a sketch before painting and this cut my painting time in half. Things went much smoother compared to the little girl portrait and Jim Kelly. I’ll probably continue to work this way for a while.

Sketch


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think