Monday, February 10, 2014

B90x - 90 Day Art Challenge - No. 7 - "Redd Foxx"




No. 7 of the challenge is a portrait of Redd Foxx. Now, this picture isn’t your everyday Redd Foxx picture, it’s not a take from Sandford & Son or a younger picture of him but I chose this picture among the rest because this seemed the most honest; it seemed the most sincere which made it interesting to me. Now I know the rules I set up for this challenge are for me to complete a piece of art everyday but admittedly, this piece took me a couple of days to do. Somehow, I found it difficult to capture his likeness in the initial sketch and because of this, I kept going back over the sketch time and time again. If I got stomped, I’d step away from it and do something else, then return until I captured his likeness to my satisfaction and then began to paint. The total paint time for this piece was 2 hours and 11 minutes and I did it entirely in one sitting. I chose to complete this picture in color as opposed the to black and white other monochromatic format because I found plenty of color references and it allowed me to practice painting color from a black and white picture much like I did the “Felix” painting. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think